We understand that the average person doesn’t have a clear grasp of the technicalities, and would prefer some straightforward advice. We have therefore distilled the more complex ideas into their simplest form.
How Much Will a Loft Conversion Cost?
• Between £30 000 to £50 000 on average
• The true cost of your loft conversion will depend on various factors
• We are able to draw up a tailored quote specific to your needs once we have understood your requirements
• And viewed the property in question
• Factors taken into consideration include the scope of the project, size of the loft
• The type of property you own, relevant building regulations and restrictions
• Your chosen loft conversion design, and any additional services such as fittings
• Installations, bathrooms, kitchens, plumbing, and electrical work
• As well as any renovation work conducted on obtruding chimneys
• Or other obstructions to the conversion process
What kind of time frame can I expect?
We expect most projects to be completed within 6 to 8 weeks, but certain variables can affect this time frame. A larger, more intensive project may require more time than one of the simpler loft conversion designs. Once we understand your desired outcome, we will be able to provide a realistic time frame. London Dream Lofts has a proud reputation of honouring time agreements.
Other Important Links
• Gallery of Our Projects
• Request for a Free Quote
• About Us
• Follow Us on Instagram
• Contact Us
What are the benefits of loft conversion?
Loft conversion comes with an array of benefits, both for while you live in the house, as well as later down the line when you decide to sell. These benefits could include:
- Added space
- Increased property value
- Increased influx of light and air
- Avoiding an expensive move
- Gaining new rooms
- Gaining new views
- Potential to expand the family
- Gaining space to rent out and gain revenue
For a fuller idea of the benefits of loft conversion in East London, visit our Benefits page.
Does a loft conversion always require planning permission?
No. Planning permission is not always essential, but in the circumstances where it is required, our loft conversion experts can provide advice on how to attain it.
Does a loft conversion require a party wall agreement?
Only when your loft conversion infringes on a shared wall between yourself and a neighbour. While your neighbours cannot deny you the right to renovate on your property, they can affect how and when the construction work is carried out.
Does a loft conversion require approval from building regulation authorities?
Yes. This is always required. It can be obtained by submitting your application paperwork to the Building Regulations authorities. It is advised to wait for a response before beginning your project.
Does a loft conversion require a safety exit?
There is a legal requirement for all loft conversions in East London, and throughout the UK, to have an accessible safety exit. While this may seem inconvenient, our loft conversion specialists are experts at incorporating a safety exit that meets legal requirements into your pre-existing design. This means that you can still enjoy the vision you had in mind. One way we accomplish this is to structure the staircase in such a way that it counts as a viable safety exit leading from the loft conversion to the ground floor.
• Rate your experience with us
We offer additional fittings, installations, fixtures and furniture installations to better finalise your loft conversion project. These add-ons include:
- Electrical work
- And other interior decorating aspects
- Other Renovations
Along with loft conversion, we offer an assortment of additional services to better flesh out your new space, or otherwise assist around the rest of your house. These include bathroom renovation and kitchen renovation. If you would like to install an en-suite bathroom or kitchenette, we would be happy to discuss the arrangement and factor it into your loft conversion build.
Get in touch for more information.
• Follow us on Facebook