Your idea of a loft conversion may be shrouded by confusion over building regulations, planning permissions, party walls and other factors. Below is a list of questions that are frequently asked by clients looking to invest in a loft conversion in East London.
How long does a loft conversion typically take?
A multitude of factors can influence completion time, but the general time frame for a loft conversion is between 6 to 8 weeks.
How much does a loft conversion typically cost?
• The cost of a loft conversion depends on the scope of the project
• Finishings you would like included, the type of loft conversion required
• How much space you wish to gain, and much more
• A rough estimate would be between £30 000 to £50 000
What different types of loft conversion are there?
• The types of different loft conversion include
• L-shaped mansard
• Double dormer
• Velux windows and more
• See our Types of Loft Conversion page for more information
• Request for a Free Quote
• View Our Projects
• See how we work
• Read what our clients think of us
Do you offer any guarantees?
Yes. We offer a 10 year warranty on all our loft conversion projects.
How many rooms will I gain?
This is dependent on the size of your home, as well as the height of your loft. Our team of loft conversion specialists offer a free, non-obligatory quote to help you understand the potential space you stand to gain.
Can I still live in my home while the loft conversion takes place?
Absolutely. Most loft conversion service work can be achieved from the exterior of the property using scaffolding. Our loft conversion specialists work to minimise noise and disruption to household inhabitants. There may be some more heavy-duty work if it is necessary to lower your ceiling.
Is Planning Permission always required?
No. This depends on various factors, such as whether your property exceeds a certain size or is situated in a conservation area. Our loft conversion specialists in East London would be happy to go over the requirements with you and assist you with acquiring planning permission where required.
Is building control approval always required?
Yes. Our loft conversion experts can guide you and help you acquire it.
What is a party wall and when do I need party wall agreement?
• A party wall is the wall shared between yourself and a neighbour
• Because it is shared by their property, any construction you do in range of it might also affect your neighbours
• It is sometimes necessary to get signed approval from your neighbours
• Where a party wall is affected by a loft conversion
• Our loft conversion experts will explain your options
• And advise you on how to obtain consent from your neighbours, where required
• See our Party Wall for more information
Areas We Cover
We provide loft conversion to areas throughout East London.
• This includes Leyton, Leytonstone
• Stratford, Wanstead, Newham
• Barkingside, Barking, Redbridge
• Ilford, Dagenham, East Ham
• Walthamstow, Forest Gate, Woodford Green
• Edmonton, Stoke Newington, Hackney
• Islington, Loughton, Chigwell,
• Chingford, Eping and surrounding locations
If your area was not listed, simply contact us to find out if we cover your vicinity.
London Dream Lofts are experts in loft conversions. If you have any further questions about loft conversion that were not mentioned above, feel free to get in touch with us.
• Follow us on Instagram or Facebook
• Request for a Free quotation
• Contact us
• Rate your experience with us